Eggs – When boiling eggs, add a pinch of salt to the water. This will ease the process of removing the shell off the egg.
- Use an iron skillet for frying. They will maintain the temperature more evenly.
- Mix flour and beer in equal parts to bread chicken, flank steak or any vegetable before frying. The mix will yield a delicious flavor and it will not be greasy at all.
- Only small portions of food items can be fried in oil at high temperatures. They will be perfectly cooked inside while obtaining a beautiful golden brown color.
- Boiled potatoes to be used on salads retain additional flavor if seasoned while still warm.
- The liquid left from boiling potatoes is a great base to prepare various kinds of sauces.
- Steaming is the best method to cook skinless potatoes.
- Covering the frying pan with a lid will yield crunchy fried potatoes.
- 1 Potato = 82 calories
Pressure Cooker Cooking Time in Minutes
- Chicken – 10
- Lamb – 10
- Beef – 20
- Fish – 8
- Rice – 9
- Chickpeas – 25
- Lentils – 25
- Spinach – 5
- Green Peas – 15
- Cauliflower – 7
- Tubers are best cooked by covering the vessel with a lid. Cook all other veggies uncovered.
- Cook cauliflower by adding some milk to the water. This helps avoid darkening of the cauliflower.
- Red and white veggies do not lose their original color if you add a few drops of lemon to the cooking liquid.