Homemade Orange Chicken with white rice and Grilled Veggies
The Easiest Recipe yet!
Every time I think orange chicken I think of Chinese takeout and therefore I had never even attempted to make orange chicken at home. So I was shocked at how easy this recipe is to make and how delicious it is! It is now a family favorite!
- Chicken tenders
- 1 cup of Flour for breading
- 1 egg
- Olive oil
- BBQ sauce
- Orange marmalade (Tip: Get sugar free marmalade for a lighter take on the recipe.)
- Chili garlic sauce
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Cut the chicken tenders in small pieces (about 2 inches x 2 inches each.) Take a deep bowl and beat the egg on it, and add salt. Take a second bowl and add the flour to it, and add salt. Take the pieces of chicken and dip them in the egg and then into the flour. Place them on a pan with hot olive oil to fry. Once done set them aside.
- Mix the BBQ sauce, the orange marmalade and the chili garlic sauce. Add the mixture to a pan. Once it is warm add the breaded chicken pieces and cover them completely. Add red pepper flakes before serving.
- Sugestions for sides: White rice and grilled veggies.