This recipe came out of a hat! I was trying to come up with a coconut recipe with chicken, but one that would be simple and of my own. Here it is, I hope you like it. My family did! 🙂
Ingredients: Chicken legs or thighs (2 per person), salt, pepper, 1 can of coconut milk, 1/4 white onion, cooking oil.
- Start by using either chicken legs or thighs. They will naturally add much more flavor to this dish.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper (approximately 1/2 TBSP of salt and 1 tsp of pepper.)
- Add some oil to a hot pan at medium heat.
- Add the chicken and let it brown on all sides.
- Add white onions (1/4 of an onion) cut in rings or julienne.
- Add 1 can of coconut milk. You can find these in the Asian aisle or International aisle at your local supermarket.
- Add 1/2 TBSP of brown sugar to the sauce in the pan.
- Make sure the liquids cover the chicken half way through. If you need more liquid add water and 1 tsp of salt.
- Put a lid on the mix and lower the heat to low. Let it continue to cook for 30 minutes and check that the liquid does not evaporate. You may need to add water and salt to make sure you end with a sauce.
- Suggestions: When ready, serve with white rice or potatoes, and a green salad.