Every now and then I get the chance to make this mashed potatoes for two. Normally I make it for 8 or 10 people. When my kids get sick (as my 12-year-old did recently) this dish helps their spirits turn around quickly. This also happens to be my youngest’s favorite mashed potato recipe. In his case, this is my awesome way to say “kudos”, happy birthday, etc.
Store bought deli mashed potatoes make me angry. I wonder why they do not make something yummy from one of the most basic, natural ingredients: Potatoes. I get over my anger by elevating mashed potatoes at home every time. Why not? It is so simple. In the process, I spoil myself and my family. Here is how..
- Ingredients: 1 potato per person, 1/2 cup of milk, 1 TBSP butter, 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, 1/4 grated mozzarella cheese, 1 TBSP whipped cream cheese
1. Peel and cut the potatoes in rounds
2. When ready, add them to the baking dish where you will be serving the mashed potatoes. Add butter, whipped cream cheese, milk and salt. Mash.
3. Spread the mix evenly on the container and add Parmesan cheese, shredded Mozzarella cheese and pieces of butter around every corner of the mix. The butter pieces will help create the beautiful crust you saw in the first image of this blog post. 🙂
4. Bake in a 325 F degree oven for 20 minutes. The following pics will show the transformation during the baking process…
Note: When 20 minutes are done, set the oven to “Broil” and leave on for 3-5 minutes (depending on your oven.)
Let it cool before setting on the table..