As promised in my limoncello post from April 10 , here is my chicken limoncello recipe.
- Ingredients: 2 garlic cloves, 3 Sprigs of rosemary, 1/2 cup limoncello, chicken legs, salt, pepper.
1. Here I am cutting some fresh rosemary sprigs from my garden to include in my recipe. Store-bought fresh rosemary will do fine. I am simply happy that I can get these from my herb garden.
2. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. Add 2 cloves of garlic to a hot pan with oil.
4. Add the chicken, rosemary and the limoncello
5. Cover with a lid and let it cook until golden brown.
You can choose to make the same recipe with chicken breast. It will be lighter but will still carry same delicious flavors.
Soon I will be making a delicious limoncello cake and I will be sharing that recipe also. Limoncello continues to surprise me. Especially, since I am not a big liqueur fan. Limoncello has arrived to my kitchen and is quickly becoming the most versatile ingredient yet.
TIP: If you want to make this recipe and don’t have limoncello, you can replace the limoncello with lemon or lime and white cooking wine.