This brownie recipe has been with me since I was 12. Nadia, my childhood friend, and her mom shared this recipe with me. As I grew older, I kept making these delicious brownies every time I had the chance. It became a favorite at home. Time has passed and my daughter will be turning 12 in the Spring. Wow! So why not pass the recipe to my daughter? [I thought.] We made it together for this post, and she was thrilled! 🙂
A precious gift and memory from my friend Nadia is now a beautiful long-lasting memory and tradition for my daughter.
Ingredients: 2.5 butter sticks, 5 TBSP Cocoa powder, 2.5 cups of sugar, 4 eggs, 1.5 cups flour (sifted), 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp vanilla. Nuts (optional.)
Tip: All ingredients get mixed and start cooking on the stove top at very low heat. Once they are all well combined you transfer them to the baking sheet and to the oven.
1. Melt the butter at very low temperature on a pot.
2. Add the cocoa
3. Mix and add sugar
4. Add the eggs one by one
5. Add the flour and baking soda, and continue to mix
6. Prepare a pan with butter and flour
7. Pour the batter into the pan and bake
8. Optional: Add nuts. My family is divided, some like it with nuts and others don’t. So I add nuts to half of the pan. 🙂
A generous brownie recipe from a generous friend! 🙂