Thinking about this 2014 Super Bowl Sunday, I spoke to several friends looking for appetizer suggestions and this 5-Minute (literally) wasabi crackers appetizer caught my attention. I tried it at home and I am sharing the recipe with you. After going to so many Super Bowl parties maybe you’ve run out of options of what to bring or serve. This appetizer is unique, super easy, medium spicy, full of Asian flavors and low-budget.
Recipe (Yields 12 crackers. Multiply according to number of guests.)
Ingredients: 1 Tablespoon of cream cheese; 1 Tablespoon of toasted sesame seeds; 1 teaspoon of Soy sauce; Wasabi crackers; Wasabi mayonnaise (optional.)
1. Toast the sesame seeds until light brown.
2. Mix the cream cheese, toasted sesame seeds and Soy sauce until well blended.
3. Spread over the Wasabi Crackers and serve.
1. Natural super markets and International food stores carry the Wasabi crackers. Most regular supermarkets carry the Wasabi mayonnaise in the Asian foods aisle.
2. You could add a dash of Wasabi mayonnaise to the cream cheese spread for your guests with a much spicier tooth.
I hope you agree that this 5-Minute Wasabi Cracker appetizer can help you relax, be ready with a lot of time to enjoy this 2014 Super Bowl. 🙂