Starting with a Chef Salad, health awareness comes under the spotlight. Without remorse, I will take a liberal, indulgent approach to traditional recipes. After all, I want a personal mark on the food I share with loved ones. Salads are usually my preference for pot luck events and entertaining family and friends. The five salad recipes chosen in my collection are budget friendly, easy to make, fresh and definitely fit for a light lunch option as well.
My Chef Salad Recipe
1. Assemble the ingredients: Ham, turkey, hard-boiled egg, mozzarella cheese, tomato, sweet peppers and lettuce.
2. Cut the lettuce in bite-size chunks.
3. Coat the lettuce with your favorite dressing (I used store-bought Ranch – nothing wrong with that.)
4. Assemble the ingredients around the plate on top of the salad and cover with french bread small pieces.
5. Notes on omissions and other toppings:
- I did not add avocado to this recipe. Instead I added Gorgonzola cheese. When entertaining, have an avocado handy and ready to slice if your conservative guest can’t live without it.
- No cucumbers either.. Instead, I added sweet peppers; I love their fragrant, sugary crunch.
- Salt and pepper can be added at the end, or after coating the lettuce with dressing.
Chef Salad – 1 of 5 healthy posts.. 🙂