Every time Christmas comes around, worries about the extra pounds threaten the joy of the season. Some tips follow..
1. Entertaining at home. Shop wisely. Keep nuts, veggies and fruit snacks (carrots, celery, grapes, strawberries, etc) handy.
2. Eating out. Eat a healthy snack before leaving home. Once there, look for healthy menu options. Most restaurants include calories and nutrition information or light options in the menu. (Chefs all over the country are working hard to make those light meals taste delicious anyway, so why not?)
3. Plan your event or outing ahead of time. Once on the road, avoid fast food stops. Pack containers with healthy snacks for kids and adults.
4. Catching up over coffee. Avoid whip cream additions; Choose non-fat milk and smallest size servings. Try to go for healthy snacks and avoid pastry options.
5. Taking the kids out for a treat. Choose frozen yogurt over ice cream. The frozen yogurt toppings bar will win any argument.
6. Exercise. If your daily exercise routine is threatened, take 5 minutes out of your busy schedule to do some jumping jacks at home before heading out to greet friends and family.